Everything Bagel Hummus
Everything bagel hummus is an easy and versatile snack or appetizer to share with guests! It's also a perfect spread for wraps and sandwiches, and for scooping into salads for extra plant-based protein and fiber.
- Author: Tera
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Spreads
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for topping
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning, plus more for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Macerate garlic. Add sliced garlic and lemon juice to the bottom of your food processor and allow to sit (or "macerate") for a few minutes. Soaking the raw garlic in the acidic lemon juice will help take the edgy bite off the garlic. Optionally, take some time to peel the skin off your chickpeas (see notes below).
- Combine all ingredients except water, and blend. Place all the remaining ingredients in your food processor except for the ice water and blend for 30-60 seconds (until smooth).
- Add ice water. While your food processor is running on a low speed, slowly drizzle in ice water and watch your hummus magically fluff up! Process for another full minute. It will feel like a long time, but it helps to smooth your hummus out even more.
- Serve. To serve, scoop the hummus into your desired serving platter. Using the back of a spoon, spread it out, creating some small hills and valleys. Drizzle some good extra virgin olive oil onto the top and let it travel all through the valleys. Sprinkle with more everything bagel seasoning, and enjoy with your favorite crackers, chips, or veggies!
- Chickpea skins. Optional, but makes incredibly smooth hummus! Option 1: Boil chickpeas for 15 minutes with a teaspoon of baking soda. Skins will separate and you can pick them off as you drain the chickpeas. Option 2: Manually peel skins off of canned chickpeas. Simply pick up a chickpea and lightly pinch between fingers to pop it right out of its skin. Invite your kiddos to help!
- Iced water. This is one of my top tips for fluffy hummus! When the iced water is blended with tahini, it makes the hummus extra light and fluffy.
- Olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil just makes everything more delicious. Drizzle it on top of the hummus when serving and when storing to help preserve it in the fridge.
- Everything seasoning. You can find this at most stores (I love the Trader Joe's brand), and can also be made on your own. I usually just Google "DIY bagel seasoning" and many options come up.
Keywords: everything bagel hummus, homemade hummus