Weeknight Lemon Dill Salmon
This simple lemon dill salmon is perfect for when you need an easy and delicious weeknight meal! Fresh herbs and lemon provide a bright a fresh flavor.
- Author: Tera
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 pieces 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1.5-2 pounds salmon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat & prep. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, and cover the surface of your baking dish or sheet pan in a light coating of olive oil, or line with parchment paper.
- Flavor the salmon. Rub olive oil all over the salmon and lightly squeeze half of the fresh lemon onto the salmon. Sprinkle even with salt, pepper, and fresh dill. Slice both lemon halves and layer on top of the salmon. Place the salmon onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast. Roast the salmon at 425 degrees for about 16 minutes, then broil for another 1-2 minutes for extra crispy edges. When done, the fish should flake easily with a fork and should feel a bit bouncy (instead of squishy) when you poke the top with your finger. See note below on thickness of salmon and cook time! Roughly cut the salmon into pieces and serve with your favorite side dishes or salad.
- Salmon thickness. The thickness of your salmon matters for cooking time! For thin pieces of salmon, you'll want to cook it for less time -- maybe 12-14 minutes, watching closely to not overdo it.
Keywords: lemon dill salmon, roasted salmon