Perfect Pour-Over Coffee
Here's how to make the perfect cup of pour-over coffee! This is my go-to coffee-to-water ratio, but feel free to adjust the ratios to your liking or needs.
- Author: Tera
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Pourover
- Cuisine: All
- 8 oz. filtered water
- 2 Tbsp ground coffee
- Optional: cream, milk, sugar
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan or tea kettle.
- Meanwhile, line a pour-over coffee brewer with a cone filter. Fill with 2 Tbsp ground coffee (or more, if you prefer stronger). Remember to place brewer over a mug if using a ceramic brewer (like the one pictured above).
- Once water has just come to a boil, gently and slowly pour half of it over the coffee grounds. Allow the grounds to bloom and allow some of the water to filter through. Slowly pour the rest of the water and allow to filter all the way through.
- Enjoy with milk, cream, or sugar.
Keywords: pour-over coffee, how to make pour-over coffee