Protein Overnight Oats
A basic formula for plant-based protein overnight oats AND non-plant-based overnight oats to pack an extra protein punch for nourishing, time-saving breakfasts.
- Author: Tera
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes hands on, 3+ hours chill time
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon (or small pinch) salt
- 1 cup milk (plant-based for vegan)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (non-vegan) OR 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (vegan)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, and salt, and mix together.
- Add wet ingredients. Add milk, yogurt or protein powder, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir until everything is combined.
- Chill. Cover the oats and let them chill in the fridge overnight (or for at least three hours to ensure thick and soft oats).
- Remove from fridge, top, and eat. The next morning, take the overnight oats out of the fridge and divide into two servings (save one for later if it's just you eating them!). Top with desired toppings!
- Recipe Time: The recipe time reflects hands-on time, but overnight oats are best when chilled for at least three hours, and most convenient when left to chill overnight (8+ hours).
Keywords: protein overnight oats, healthy overnight oats with Greek yogurt