Strawberry avocado basil salsa with strawberries, avocado, basil, green onions, a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of honey. Eat it plain, add to salads, dip your tortilla chips, or serve over fish or chicken.
Wait for tomato season to start making fresh salsa? Let's make salsa with strawberries instead!
Why You Need Strawberry Avocado Basil Salsa in Your Life
- Herb-overload. In spring and summer, those herbs sprout up fast, and there's often more than we can use. While pesto is go-to, sometimes you need other tasty ways to keep up with your basil... like strawberry avocado basil salsa.
- Shake up your grilling routine. They say variety is the spice of life (wait, do they say that? Is that a thing?). If you've been flavoring it the same way for weeks or months, top it with some of this stuff to switch things up. Likewise for baking, sautéing, or however you typically prep your protein.
- Next-level snacking. Snacks and appetizers are the highest of priorities. Prep a bunch of this salsa in advance to keep in your fridge for snacks, or share as an appetizer with friends and family. Oh, and don't forget to bring your favorite chips! Or just some spoons.
- Up your salad game. Throwing a couple scoops of this in your salad will add tons of flavor and color! Lately I've been loving it in salads with greens, salmon or grilled chicken, goat cheese, and pepitas.
- Tacos need salsa. Admittedly, it probably doesn't belong in a traditionally seasoned beef taco, BUT, in a grilled seafood or chicken taco? With some simple seasonings, a little lemon or lime, and some cotija? Yes yes yes yes yes.
Also, strawberry avocado basil salsa (and salsa, generally) is so uncomplicated to make. All you have to do is:
- Prep your ingredients: chop some strawberries, dice some avocado, slice a couple green onions, and cut fresh basil into thin ribbons.
- Combine all that in a bowl and toss with some freshly squeezed lemon, honey, and pinch of salt for good measure.
And there you have the salsa of spring, short and sweet. My only last words? 1,000% YES to doubling or tripling your first batch.Print
Strawberry Avocado Basil Salsa
Salsa with strawberries, avocado, scallions, basil, lemon, and a touch of honey. Eat it plain or use it as a topping for salads, toast, fish/chicken, or tortilla chips!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: ~2 cups
- Category: Salsa, snacks
- Method: Combine
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 cup strawberries, finely diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup basil, sliced into ribbons
- juice of two lemons
- 2 tsp honey
- a pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients except lemon and honey in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon and honey. Pour over salsa ingredients and whisk together.
Keywords: strawberry avocado basil salsa, salsa, fruit salsa