A refreshing and hydrating fruit salad you can enjoy ALL summer! Honey lime mint watermelon berry fruit salad is a simple fruit salad with watermelon and berries, tossed in honey, lime, and mint.
This post was republished with updated photography and refreshed content on July 10, 2020.
We have ourselves an especially delicious fruit salad situation here.
Usually you don't think of fruit salad as the thing that needs anything extra, right? A bunch of fresh fruits mixed together in large quantities is usually delicious in and of itself. BUT. You guys, a little honey, lime, and mint go a long way towards upping your fruit salad game... just enough to be addicting.
Generally speaking, the honey and lime combination is a winner for many a food situation (I'm thinking about tacos when I say this). Add in some refreshing mint leaves, and pour it all on some fruit? ---> Straight up delicious.
Here are my favorite things about it:
- Antioxidant city.
- Watermelon + lime. You guys. This is a sweet-tart combination of genius... Tell everyone you know.
- Fresh mint. Just a little bit adds an *extra fresh* flavor to fruit salads.
- Honey + lime. We already talked about this combo, but I just want you to know it's something special. You must, must, must try it on fruit salad... and on some future taco recipes.
- Melon-balling is fun. And it makes fruit salad look cool... and makes much less of a mess than chopping!
Ingredients You Need
This is one of those recipes where everything you need is in the name:
- Limes (a bunch of them!)
- Fresh mint
You can also add or substitute other berries, such as blackberries or raspberries, or even add in other fruits like red grapes or kiwi. (Totally going for a color scheme here).
How to Make Honey Lime Mint Watermelon Berry Fruit Salad
Okay, now for pulling this together (SO easy).
To start, you'll melon-ball some watermelon. I like doing it this way because I have limited counter space, and sometimes cutting watermelon with a big knife and getting juice everywhere is just a mess that I want to avoid. Plus, it's kinda pretty with all those watermelon spheres.
Then, wash up all your berries, slice the strawberries, and add those in to the mix.
Now that you have your bowl of watermelon and berries, whisk together some honey, a bunch of freshly squeezed lime juice, and chopped fresh mint in a separate bowl. If by some chance you don't like mint, you can always leave it out and still benefit from a dreamy honey-lime combo.
Finally, pour the honey + lime + mint mixture over the watermelon and berries, gently toss to get the fruit evenly coated, and there you have it: honey lime mint watermelon berry fruit salad. Garnish with a little extra mint, and say hello to the summer of deliciousness before you.
When to Make Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Other than as often as possible, this fruit salad is especially perfect in the following scenarios:
- At 11 p.m. when you want to snack on something endlessly while standing in your kitchen (watermelon just does that to me, you know?).
- For picnic lunches or other gatherings where food is involved (and it always should be).
- To keep a large batch in your fridge for healthy snacking throughout the week (it's super hydrating for kids playing outside in the hot sun all day!).
- As a side dish for all your summer cookouts!
For some other summery side dishes, try:
But for now... just get that honey-lime-mint all up in your fruit!Print
Honey Lime Mint Watermelon Berry Fruit Salad
A fresh fruit salad recipe with watermelon and berries, tossed in a simple honey lime mint dressing. The perfect side for summer cookouts, or a hydrating snack on a hot day.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
- Category: side, fruit salad
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups watermelon, scooped out with a melon baller
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, halved or quartered
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice of 1 lime (at least 2 tbsp)
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped into small pieces
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, and/or any other berry you choose to use.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, and mint.
- Pour honey, lime, and mint mixture onto fruit and toss well. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
Keywords: honey lime mint watermelon berry fruit salad, fruit salad, barbecue side dish